Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Weekly Challenge #206 - Tools of the Trade

The Diva Challenge this week was to tangle with different tools. Since I've been quilling lately, I thought "Why not!"

Well, what I discovered is that it's a lot easier to draw bisecting lines than it is to quill them. That's probably why not. I thought I'd drafted out something pretty simple, but it still took me two evenings to finish.

I'm very pleased with the results though. I think it might need a lovely black matt and a shiny red wood frame.

Patterns used: C-bun, Phicops, Fescu and, um... wiggly stuff. 

Closer detail...

Here's another project I finished last weekend. I just love it when a project turns out EXACTLY like you see it in your head when you start. That happens so rarely. This is for a friend at work that just had his first baby - a girl. He named her Vennela which means "moonlight". The "moon" is a gold paper with some white mesh stuff over it, so I thought it looked a bit like golden moonlight. It's very pretty in real life.

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Weekly Challenge #205 - Year of the Goat (or the Rabbit)

Huh?This week's Diva Challenge was to represent the Chinese Zodiac for 2015 - Year of the Goat.

I don't know diddly about goats... or sheep. I was just finishing up my tile trying to convince myself it was worth posting and the boyfriend walks by and says "Looks like the Trix Rabbit ears."

Well, my heck! Once you see it, you can't UNSEE it, so here's my Year of the Rabbit tile (and a really crooked scan!).

I'm either 4 years too late, or 9 years early. Your choice.

Patterns used: Jujubeedze and Gnarly

Monday, February 9, 2015

Weekly Challenge #204 - Valentangle

This week's Diva Challenge was wide open for the season. Happy Valentine's Day (or as my kids would say "Happy Singles Awareness Day".)
Patterns used: Mi2, Featherfall and Aquafleur

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Weekly Challenge #203 - Athitzi

This week's Diva Challenge was Athitzi. I decided to supersize the strokes and put them in a "Verve" kind of string. It was all good until I started shading. Something went wonky there, but I'm not sure how to fix it. Well, some weeks are better than others...
Patterns used: Athitzi, Verve